Re: Text mode menu wishlist

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: Re: Text mode menu wishlist
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 09:45:26 +0800

Alex Schroeder <address@hidden> writes:

> People like me would like a simple buffer where we can use up and down
> and RET to select a menu entry.  This can be done in Lisp and works
> for me.

tmm does that, doesn't it? Or, well, it uses the history mechanism,
and you can pageup to get to the completion buffer...

> Other people would like to see "real" menus in the console, but that
> requires messing with the C code.  The basic stuff is already there in

I can start studying ncurses and the Emacs C code if people feel that this is
important enough. =)

> blind which will probably use emacs -nw anyway.  But it would not be
> enough for me if I wanted to use a buffer-based menu eventhough I am
> running X.

What would an ideal buffer-based menu be for you?  Simple buffer, up
and down and ret, tab, mouse clicks, ability to go up to the parent
menu.. what else? =)

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - 4 BS CS Ateneo geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, wearables, teaching compsci