dired uses wrong `ls' switches for Tramp

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: dired uses wrong `ls' switches for Tramp
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 16:18:40 +0200

In dired-insert-directory, I see that "--dired" is added to the list
of switches if the local ls groks that argument.

But the remote ls might not grok it, so I'm looking for a way to
prevent "--dired" from being added in those cases.

dired-insert-directory is not a filename operation, and
dired-insert-directory explicitly calls insert-directory with the
"--dired" switch.

What to do?

(I guess I could try to buffer-locally set dired-use-ls-dired in
dired buffers if default-directory points to a Tramp directory.)

Does somebody know how Ange-FTP circumvents this problem?

kai
--
~/.signature is: umop 3p!sdn    (Frank Nobis)