Re: \201 back again

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: \201 back again
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 18:00:17 +0300

> From: Karl Eichwalder <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 14:47:16 +0200
>
> > As for the encoding, it says this:

> The archived message lacks this line.

I think the archiving scripts remove that line.

> Rmail must learn to add proper MIME header lines.

??? RMAIL should not add such headers, they should be present in the
original message.  In this case, the header is in the message, RMAIL
conceals it by default, but you can toggle that with the `t' RMAIL
command.

> > Don't panic. The original email is emacs-mule encoded without the
> > content-type header. You can type `0 g emacs-mule RET' to fix it.
>
> Thanks for tracking down the problem and telling a work around.

The same effect can be achieved with RMAIL: see rmail-redecode-body.