incomplete fix in EMACS_21_1_RC branch of progmodes/compile.el

From: Ivan Zakharyaschev
Subject: incomplete fix in EMACS_21_1_RC branch of progmodes/compile.el
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 22:11:36 +0400 (MSD)

        Hello!

Once I reported a bug in progmodes/compile.el concerning TERM
environment variable. It was finally fixed by Richard in revision 1.248
of compile.el, the previous 1.246 and 1.247 changes were not real fixes
to the problem.

I was a bit disappointed to see that the released Emacs 21.2 didn't fix
the problem: the EMACS_21_1_RC branch doesn't include the final right
fix, it has only merged revision 1.246. So I would be glad to see
revision 1.248 merged into the EMACS_21_1_RC branch of compile.el if it
gets released once again: anyway, the branch already contains a
not-working fix for the problem.

Regards,

--
Ivan Zakharyaschev
ALT Linux Team member, Sisyphus developer