Re: Emacs cvs newbie problems

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Emacs cvs newbie problems
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 00:07:31 -0400

    Sorry, but I don't understand what we are discussing.

We are discussing what should be the standard default for the Make
variable infodir.  Do we want it to be /usr/share/info or
/usr/local/share/info?

    Surely the value for infodir should be the same in the emacs
    distribution as it is in every other distribution

They should certaiuly be the same; the question is what the value
should be.  If we use $(datadir)/info, that will normally be
/usr/local/share/info.

Is that good?