Re: while-no-input

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: while-no-input
Date: 04 Oct 2002 00:44:54 +0200

"Stefan Monnier" <monnier+gnu/address@hidden> writes:

> >     That is not very useful if inside this body you use library
> >     functions that take a long time to complete, such as file-operations
> >     that dispatch to ange-ftp:
> >
> > It doesn't seem like a terribly important case to worry about.
>
> But that's the case that I'm bumping up against.
> And the solution is pretty simple and localized as I have shown.

I don't object to your while-no-input code (I can see it would be useful).

However, I would really like "find-file-all-completions" to be
interruptable by keyboard input!

E.g. in ido-find-file, if I know I'm going to write x/y/z, there's
really no reason for me to wait for emacs to build the completion
lists for x and y.  But currently, I have to accept the delay.