Re: Emacs server without emacsserver.

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Emacs server without emacsserver.
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 15:57:29 -0400

> I have a question about `server-switch-buffer'.
> most of it
> (after ";; OK, we know next-buffer is live, let's display and select it.")
> is just `pop-to-buffer' modified to support `server-window' and avoid
> at all costs creating a new frame (I am being sloppy here, I know).

I know what you mean, since it's exactly what I use ;-)
Most of the fixes I've installed recently have been made to help
in this kind of situation.  Right now, I get more-or-less the behavior
I want with the following customization:

(defun sm-server-visit-hook () (pop-to-buffer (current-buffer)))
(add-hook 'server-visit-hook 'sm-server-visit-hook)

I've been reluctant to change the default behavior because of
the effort to justify it.  But I do hope we can provide a cutomization
that would be eaiser than my hook while providing the same
kind of behavior.

        Stefan