Re: Emacs in CVS as today does not build - emacs depends on *.elc, which

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Emacs in CVS as today does not build - emacs depends on *.elc, which cannot be built without emacs
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 13:06:09 -0500

    Okay, I'll look into doing so.  I'm not familiar with the exact
    mechanism of 'make bootstrap', so will need about a week.

Thanks.

I don't think you need to change the mechanism of `make bootstrap' much.
What the script has to do is cause `make' to run `make bootstrap'
unconditionally, the next time only.

Right now there is a target `maybe_bootstrap' that checks whether
a bootstrap is needed; but it doesn't actually do a bootstrap,
rather it exits with instructions to do `make bootstrap'.