Re: 21.2.90 pretest, 21.3, 21.4...

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: 21.2.90 pretest, 21.3, 21.4...
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 08:29:16 +0200 (IST)

On Tue, 5 Nov 2002, Karl Eichwalder wrote:

> There are no patch sets to fix a special problem -- all fixes are done
> incrementally.  Having patch sets could theoretically allow to fix on
> to of 21.2 the encoding problem only.

Sorry, I don't think I understand what do you mean by ``patch sets''.

AFAIK, Emacs has never released any patches (is there a project that
does?), only tarballs of new versions where some problems are fixed
(and new exciting ones are added ;-).

> Pre-release candidates should be available more visibly

That already happened, I think: the directory on alpha.gnu where we put
the pretests is no longer secret or unreadable.  And on top of that,
there's anon CVS access.  Isn't that enough?