Re: Fix for Emacs Crash - revisited

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Fix for Emacs Crash - revisited
Date: 13 Nov 2002 17:16:00 +0000

"Ben Key" <address@hidden> writes:

>     I found that even though track_mouse_event_fn was being
>     initialized in syms_of_w32fns which is called from main,

I think you will find that syms_of_w32fns and syms_of_w32menu are only
called when Emacs is dumped, and that is why looking up the addresses
of dynamic library functions from them causes problems when the binary
is run on a different version of Windows.

But rather than moving the initialization to where a system message
is processed, perhaps there is another suitable w32 specific
initialization function that is called every time Emacs runs. I think
there is one in w32term.c at least, although that would involve
making the function pointers non-static.