Re: Gtk version getting closer

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Gtk version getting closer
Date: 15 Nov 2002 11:20:59 +0900

"Robert J. Chassell" <address@hidden> writes:
> I am not a good person for working on menu tips since I hardly ever
> use menus.

I rarely use menus in emacs either -- for invoking commands.

I do keep the menu-bar turned on, though, because the menus are great as
_documentation_, especially for modes like Gnus that have 1,000,000
commands that I only occasionally use.  I find it much more convenient
to just browse the menus in such a case than to use the more
conventional emacs help systems (though this obviously only works if
the mode has relatively completely menus; luckily Gnus does...).

-Miles
--
Yo mama's so fat when she gets on an elevator it HAS to go down.