emacsclient not working anymore on Mac OS X

From: William McCallum
Subject: emacsclient not working anymore on Mac OS X
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 13:15:21 -0700

Since upgrading to 10.2.2 and recompiling emacs from cvs (21.3.50), I find that emacclient no longer connects to a running carbon emacs. For example

emacsclient --no-wait +100 file.tex
emacsclient: can't find socket; have you started the server?

This is despite the fact that the carbon emacs is running and the server has been started in my .emacs file with

Everything works fine with emacs 21.2.1 running under Xwindows

(520) 621 6697