Re: Misc. minor compile.el issues

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Misc. minor compile.el issues
Date: 06 Dec 2002 21:15:11 +0100

"Stefan Monnier" <monnier+gnu/address@hidden> writes:

> > Related to this, I would like the setup function to be able to
> > access the buffer and/or window for the compilation process (e.g.
> > to set buffer-local variables).
>
> AFAIK, you can use (current-buffer).  No need for `outbuf'.
> Am I missing something ?

AFAICS, the setup function is (typically) not called with
current-buffer == outbuf.  We could of course change that, but maybe
there are some information in the source buffer (where M-x compile is
started) that could be accessed (e.g. default-directory, the buffer
name, or some buffer-local variable).