Re: gettext.h

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: gettext.h
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2002 16:25:30 -0500

    A response from a Cygwin developer (below) says that gettext.h should not
be used,
    rather, the proper header file is libintl.h.  So I guess getopt.c needs a
change
    of some sort.  The symbol _LIBC is not defined for Cygwin, so it tries to
use
    gettext.h, yet it should be using libintl.h, as if _LIBC were set.

For the moment I have simply commented out that #include.  I verified
that that works on GNU/Linux.

I do not want to learn enough about Windows or Cygwin to think about
what's right to do here for them; I'll just leave it to people who
maintain Emacs on Windows to handle this.