Re: GTK patches part 1

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: GTK patches part 1
Date: 09 Dec 2002 14:14:13 +0900

Cool!  I tried it and after a bit of futzing, it (mostly) works!

Some minor issues (besides those you mentioned):

 (1) Some hunks didn't apply for some reason, though the failed hunks
     _did_ apply when I tried in diff-mode, so perhaps there's a
     character encoding issue.  I've appended a patch generated with
     `cvs diff' that the patch program seems to be happy with.

 (2) HAVE_GTK isn't defined in src/config.in, and I had problems getting
     autoheader to do so (the autoheader invocation in the top-level
     Makefile seems to not be correct, though maybe I screwed something
     up).  I've also included this change in the patch at the end of
     this message.

 (3) The `xg_win_to_widget' function in gtkutil.c contained intermixed
     declarations and statements, which is not legal C (I _think_ it's
     legal in C99, but most people are using older compilers).

 (4) It looks like the user has to give the `--with-gtk' option to
     configure to enable GTK.  I think using `--with-x-toolkit=gtk'
     would be more correct, at least from a user's perspective.

I'll withhold comments on scrollbars &c. until you think you've got
those working properly.

Here's my change to gtkutil.c:

Here's my re-diffed version of your patch, plus an entry for HAVE_GTK in
src/config.in:

Thanks,

-Miles
--