Re: Bold by moving pixels problem

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Bold by moving pixels problem
Date: 17 Dec 2002 15:28:47 +0900

I wrote:
> `ubf-count' seems to continually incremented (if I keep checking in
> *scratch* it goes up 2 or 3 each time, but if I display a complicated
> new buffer, it can go up by 100).
>
> I guess I'll need to see exactly what it's getting called on, but this
> suggests that maybe more places should be checking the face cache
> (or that the face-cache checking should be moved into realize_face).

Duh!  I just realized why it's doing this, because with the previous
patch I sent, it _inserts_ into the cache using the post-filter-function
attributes, but _looks up_ in the cache using pre-filter-function
attributes (so cached faces never get properly found later).

I'll fix it...

-Miles
--
80% of success is just showing up.  --Woody Allen