how to set debug-on-error permanently?

From: Ami Fischman
Subject: how to set debug-on-error permanently?
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 10:09:14 -0800

Hi there,

While debugging elisp code, I frequently M-x toggle-debug-on-error before
running my code.  However, it seems that the debug-on-error flag gets
toggled back as soon as the first error happens.  This means I need to
toggle it before each run that follows an unsuccessful run.  Is there some
way to set the flag permanently in a session?

  Ami Fischman