Change Logs

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Change Logs
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 17:09:27 -0500

In the past our policy was not to mention changes to documentation
files in ChangeLog.  (Some people did not follow this policy.)

I've been advised that for the sake of tracking copyrightable
contributions better we should start mentioning such changes
in ChangeLog files.

You need not go into much detail about what the change was.  Just say
what part of the documentation file was changed (if it has parts and
the change was localized in one part), and whether the changes were
major or minor.