Texinfo/info: scrolling images (Re: Gtk patch version 3, part 1)

From: Karl Eichwalder
Subject: Texinfo/info: scrolling images (Re: Gtk patch version 3, part 1)
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2003 08:20:17 +0100

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:

> Having said that, I agree that Texinfo is a superior format for
> online docs!

As usual, it depends ;) As it stands, it's somehow related to monospaced
fonts (info viewer like Emacs must obey hardcoded line breaks) and, more
important, the info file format still lack image support.  Aside: Emacs
cannot scroll incline images properly--or did something change in CVS
head the last 2 month in the area? (Cf. etc/TODO.)

> If it is a link which they can click on with mouse-2 and have it
> opened in an emacs buffer, in a browser or in some other viewer, I
> think most users will be happy with that.

BTW, you'd better use @uref instead of @url.  Further, why not
providing both locations at the same time, a local and a remote
reference?

--
address@hidden (work) / address@hidden (home):              |
http://www.gnu.franken.de/ke/                            |      ,__o