Re: Emacs crash in X

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Emacs crash in X
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2003 18:44:53 -0500

    I move the new frame to a different workspace (it is important
    to move it to a different workspace as moving it to a
    different viewport in window managers that support both

I use Sawfish; does it have any analogous feature?
If so, can someone tell me how to do this with Sawfish?

You can also debug this yourself.  Run Emacs under GDB then
evaluate (x-synchronize t), then make it fail.  That way you
will get a useful backtrace.  Please read etc/DEBUG for more
suggestions for how to debug this.