Re: skeleton.el machinery eats newlines.

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: skeleton.el machinery eats newlines.
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 15:44:04 -0600 (CST)

The bug in sh-get-indent-info I mentioned earlier in this thread may
have been a "fake", depending on the answer to the question below.

It only occurred because I was experimenting with C-c C-c
without a #!-line.  Hence the code thought it was right after the
#!-line, while it was actually at the beginning of the buffer.

Can we just assume that people NEVER use (or never should use)
shell-scripts without a #!-line?  If one just writes a shell-script
for personal use and only plans to use it from a specific shell the
#!-line is strictly speaking not necessary.  Actually, bash even has a
strange, apparently little known, feature: if you do not put in a
#!-line, the subshell executing the script remembers hashed pathnames.
With the #!-line it does not.  I personally always have a #!-line,
except when I inadvertently forget it or erase it, as I did in this
case.

So can we just assume that there must be a #!-line, in which case
there is no bug in sh-indent-info, or not?

Sincerely,

Luc Teirlinck.