Re: [Psgml-devel] Re: Key sequence C-c C-f C-e uses invalid prefix chara

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: [Psgml-devel] Re: Key sequence C-c C-f C-e uses invalid prefix characters
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 16:25:30 +0000 (UTC)

Peter Flynn <address@hidden> wrote:

    ... or the DTD is lost in the mists of time, then the simple solution
    is to create one. There are programs to do this -- have been for
    years -- and I even documented one in my 1998 book on SGML/XML tools,
    called Fred (from OCLC). There are now many more for XML as well.

Yes, and when you include such a program written in Emacs Lisp in
Psgml mode, then you are providing another tool to handle
`graceful degredation'.

Please understand, no one wants to provide a broken file to someone
else; that is not what the discussion is about.

As a user of Emacs, I have received broken or corrupted files from
other people and had to fix them.  GNU Emacs has made this action
easier than it would be otherwise.  The issue is whether or not to
continue to provide at least some tools for handling corrupt or broken
SGML or XML files that you receive.

    http://www.teak.cc                                     address@hidden