Re: info

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: info
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 22:02:22 +0200

> From: address@hidden (Kai =?iso-8859-1?q?Gro=DFjohann?=)
> Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 09:39:13 +0100
>
> First of all, if point is on a menu line, then choose that menu
> item.  That much we all agree on.

Doesn't Emacs do that now?  I thought it did.

> Further, if point is on a line starting with whitespace and
> containing some non-whitespace text, this could be a continuation
> line for a menu line.

I think this should be removed and instead Emacs should not go
anywhere in those cases.  Several examples in this thread show how
such ad-hoc algorithms can fail miserably.  Can you explain why do you
think this behavior is better than what the stand-alone reader does?