Re: gratuitous changes

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: gratuitous changes
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 08:03:33 +0200 (IST)

On Tue, 4 Feb 2003, Nick Roberts wrote:

> I haven't really followed this thread but the 20 resulting changes to
> gdb-ui.el present no problem to me. I have seen a feature of XEmacs that helps
> prevent trailing white space: the cursor becomes more narrow when its at the
> end of a line.  Would it be a good idea for Emacs?

We have the trailing-whitespace face to show that instead.  It has the
advantage of showing junk whitespace regardless of the cursor position.
In fact, it shows it _only_ if the cursor is not at the end of the
trailing whitespace.

But I agree with Stefan: that special cursor shape might be useful for
other purposes (although I suspect that the change in the redisplay code
he suggests is not a trivial one).