New space char syntax

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: New space char syntax
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 17:47:32 +0100

I tried to byte-compile the current CVS Oort Gnus with the current CVS
Emacs.  It barfed at the "? " in the source code of Gnus.  I've done
a mass-replacing and wrote "?\s" but that doesn't appear to be the
right solution: people with older Emacsen should still be able to use
Oort Gnus.

Is the message just a warning or an error?  (I didn't want to take
chances.)

If it is an error, WIBNI Emacs also accepted the old-style syntax,
warts and all?
--
A turnip curses Elvis