Re: No malayalam glyphs in language/mlm-util.el

From: Benjamin Riefenstahl
Subject: Re: No malayalam glyphs in language/mlm-util.el
Date: 15 Feb 2003 18:54:46 +0100

Hi,

address@hidden (Ramakrishnan M) writes:

> Also when I do M-x describe-fontset (default, used by the current
> frame) ENTER I get
>
>   current frame is using a font, not a fontset

This appears for me also, if I start Emacs without any font
configuration.  When I set the font in my ~/.Xdefaults (as I usually
do) I have a fontset, even with emacs -q.

Even when I start emacs -q without an ~/.Xdefaults, I still have two
fontsets defined (they are just not set), named "fontset-standard" and
"fontset-default".  And of these two "fontset-default" seems to be
identical to the default font actually used in this situation.  So you
could probably do:

 (let ((fontset (query-fontset (frame-parameter nil 'font))))
    (when (not fontset)
       (setq fontset "fontset-default")
       (set-default-font fontset))
    (set-fontset-font fontset