Re: address@hidden: Emacs bug with Solaris 9 (only)]

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Emacs bug with Solaris 9 (only)]
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 14:21:00 +0100

    Now, reading the code it seems to me that p->subtty is unconditionally
    set to Qnil when the fork of the subprocess succeeds, so the first
    ioctl will never be executed.

Here's the code that sets subtty.

  /* Record the tty descriptor used in the subprocess.  */
  if (forkin < 0)
    XPROCESS (process)->subtty = Qnil;
  else
    XSETFASTINT (XPROCESS (process)->subtty, forkin);

It doesn't look like this always sets it to nil, unless
forkin is always < 0.  Basically, it is not SUPPOSED
to be always nil, so if you find that it always IS nil,
there must be a bug somewhere.

But later at the end of the same function (create_process) we have:

      /* vfork succeeded.  */

        XPROCESS (process)->subtty = Qnil;
        if (forkin >= 0)
          emacs_close (forkin);