Re: Enhanced Carbon Emacs (version 2.1, emacs 21.3.50.4) : trying to sav

From: Antoine Gautier
Subject: Re: Enhanced Carbon Emacs (version 2.1, emacs 21.3.50.4) : trying to save as mac-roman
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 18:51:51 -0500

Thanks for the instructions, but this seems to be beyond my abilities. I do not know what 'pulling down the CVS" means (OK, this is a devel list, but I got here trying to learn emacs...). Also, the main reason that I want to use it is for tex/latex.

Just a try : I d'loaded emacs-21.1.tar.gz (and emacs-21.2.tar.gz) from ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/emacs/ and attempted to compile :

emacs-21.1 > ./configure --without-x --enable-carbon-app
creating cache ./config.cache
checking host system type... powerpc-apple-darwin6.4
configure: error: Emacs hasn't been ported to `powerpc-apple-darwin6.4' systems.
Check `etc/MACHINES' for recognized configuration names.
emacs-21.1 >

I'm afraid this is a bit much for me...

I will wait for the next binary to come out, and see what you folks say about it.

Cheers,

A. Gautier