Re: Customize Rogue

From: David Masterson
Subject: Re: Customize Rogue
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 15:43:03 -0800

> Do you actually use initsplit?  Out of curiosity, do the bugs we
> think are going to occur actually occur?  Because it would, at least
> theoretically seem possible for initsplit to get around them.

No, I don't use initsplit.  I remembered seeing it awhile back on
gnu.emacs.sources and had always meant to look further at it.
However, I basically came to the conclusion that, after customizations
were split, the effort to keep the splits up-to-date was not worth the
effort in the general case.  I don't have that many customizations and
probably could've made it work for awhile, but I didn't have the
"will" to invest in learning it at the time.

It seemed applicable to this discussion, so I offered what I knew,
but this is a query you might want to ask John Wiegley.

--
David Masterson                David DOT Masterson AT synopsys DOT com
Sr. R&D Engineer               Synopsys, Inc.