Re: compilation-goto-locus, pop-up-windows, same-window-regexps

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: compilation-goto-locus, pop-up-windows, same-window-regexps
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 18:24:30 -0500

    If you agree with the general argumentation in my previous mail, then
    I can go through these places and suggest what to do for each one.

I think that the question of whether to bind pop-up-windows or obey it
is specific for each instance where this happens.  The reason I made
compilation-goto-locus bind it was that I thought that for that
command users would prefer to split the screen, even users who in most
cases do not.  If that is true, binding pop-up-windows there was a
good idea.  Otherwise, it was not.

It would be the same kind of question for each other such place.
The answers might not necessarily be the same.

I think the right solution is to bind pop-up-windows to
(or pop-up-windows compilation-error-pop-up-windows)
where compilation-error-pop-up-windows is a new user option.
That will make everyone happy.  Want to do that?

Perhaps some other similar commands could use a similar solution.