Re: request for a new function, say, `sequence'

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: request for a new function, say, `sequence'
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 19:11:45 -0500

On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 08:11:37AM +0900, Kenichi Handa wrote:
> > Anyway, blue is the color for my bykeshed, what is yours ?
> What is "bykeshed"?  My dictionary doesn't have that word.

I guess he meant `bikeshed' (I've never seen it spelled `byke'), which is a
reference to the tendency of people to argue more vociferously over minor
issues than major ones.

BTW, pale blue-green: I keep wanting to suggest that this function be called
`iota', after the APL function with similar functionality.  I think various
common-lisp/schemes versions of this function use this name (though I seem to
recall that the function signature is usually
  (iota COUNT &optional START INTERVAL)

Come now, if we were really planning to harm you, would we be waiting here,
 beside the path, in the very darkest part of the forest?