Re: request for a new function, say, `sequence'

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: request for a new function, say, `sequence'
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 10:44:04 -0500

> Yes, I know.  But the main reason for my proposal is for
> readability.  Currently, the above function is used mainly
> for defining a data in defvar, so the speed is not that
> important.  On the other hand, XXX-util.el (especially the
> data definition parts) must be read and modified by native
> XXX users who may not be familiar with lisp.  So, it's very
> important to provide easy-to-understand data definition
> parts.

Makes sense.

> As far as I see the current usage, a function returning a
> list is enough.  So, I don't insist on having TYPE argument.

Good.

> > Anyway, blue is the color for my bykeshed, what is yours ?
> What is "bykeshed"?  My dictionary doesn't have that word.

Sorry, typo.  See http://www.unixguide.net/freebsd/faq/16.19.shtml.

So, please go ahead and install that function, whatever its name is
going to be.  I still hope we'll get a chance to change dotimes since
it is frequent to need something like dotimes but that starts at
something else than 0.

        Stefan