Re: scrollbar (again)

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: scrollbar (again)
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 17:00:19 -0500

> For the no-toolkit scrollbar the *top* of the slider (thumb, whatever)
> moves to where you click with mouse-2.  In the case of the Xaw3d
> scrollbar the *middle* moves to where you click.

I use the following resource to change it back to the way Xaw behaves:

        *Scrollbar.pickTop:     True

The problems you're discussing are all due to the fact that if we use
the Xaw3d scrollbar or the Motif scrollbar or the GTK scrollbar or ...,
it implies a particular behavior over which Emacs has very little control.
OTOH you have the advantage that the key bindings are the same as the ones
used by other applications (as long as they use the same toolkit).

        Stefan