Re: Inactive code in x-create-frame on X and W32.

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Inactive code in x-create-frame on X and W32.
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 03:37:25 -0500

    But x_figure_window_size does the following unconditionally:

      f->height = DEFAULT_ROWS;

    So the result of the "if (FRAME_TOOL_BAR_LINES...)" block is effectively
    ignored.

    I would guess that the call to x_figure_window_size should be moved
    before adjusting f->height for the tool-bars, but I'm not quite sure
    what the intention is, since the ChangeLog explicitly says to
    do this _before_ calling x_figure_window_size:

    2001-03-01  Gerd Moellmann  <address@hidden>

            * xfns.c (Fx_create_frame): Adjust the frame's height for presence
            of the tool bar before calling x_figure_window_size.

I would guess that Gerd didn't realize that x_figure_window_size was going
to throw this info away.

How about if you try moving that if-statement inside
x_figure_window_size and combining it with the rest of the code, and
see whether it works well?