Re: Status of MAC/W32/X consolidation -- third major patch committed.

From: David PONCE
Subject: Re: Status of MAC/W32/X consolidation -- third major patch committed.
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 12:34:44 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Kim,

>I have now consolidated the common code related to frame-parameter
>handling from xfns.c, w32fns.c, and macfns.c into frame.c.
[...]

Thanks again for your effort!

I just noticed a minor issue, since your latest changes.

Now, while Emacs is loading my init file, the startup frame seems to
be frozen, and the echo area no more displays the messages sent during
the load process.

In fact, I just see an empty "white" frame with the title area and the
menu bar, and nothing more until the initial load process is
completed.

It is not really important, just a little baffling.  Also, I must
confess that I liked to see the progress of Emacs startup ;-)

Here is my configuration:

GNU Emacs 21.3.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt4.0.1381)
 of 2003-04-01 on EBAT311
configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.2)'

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil