Re: gdb-ui almosts works in NT

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: gdb-ui almosts works in NT
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 06:08:09 +0200

> From: Nick Roberts <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 22:06:17 +0100
>
> 1) gdb-ui doesn't output to the I/O buffer in NT.
> 2) cat might not exist in NT.
>
> To solve 1) I propose to get rid of the I/O buffer in NT. Then 2) would
> no longer be an issue as cat (or hexl) would not be needed in NT. To do this
> (and cover Windows NT/2K/9X/ME?) what case should I consider?
>
> (eq system-type 'windows-nt)?
> (memq system-type '(ms-dos windows-nt))?
> something else?

The MSDOS port doesn't support async subprocesses, and thus GUD
doesn't work in that port.  But it does no harm to mention the MSDOS
port in the ones that need this special treatment (for the unprobable
case that someone will add subprocesses support to it in the future),
so my vote is for the second variant of the above two clauses.