Re: bug in window-end

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: bug in window-end
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 22:41:12 -0600 (CST)

>From my previous message:

   The following bug in window-end completely explains the problem with
   the native scrollbar I pointed out before.

That may have been a premature conclusion.  Both bugs may have a
common cause (say in redisplay or whatever).

   move to behind the final newline and do

   M-0 C-l

   Now M-: (window-end) returns 458732,

But M-: (window-end nil t) returns 174, the correct value, hence it
would seem that there is nothing wrong with the code I labeled
"suspicious" in my previous message.  I quite simply do not know the C
code well enough and hence I will refrain from making further
conjectures, which would probably be all wrong anyway.

Sincerely,

Luc.