Re: Showing end of buffer

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Showing end of buffer
Date: 21 Apr 2003 17:46:51 +0900

Karl Eichwalder <address@hidden> writes:
> > In the fringe, the marker could some sort of icon for the first and
> > last lines, instead of a line before/after them; then it could be big
> > enough to allow some freedom in design.
>
> As long as I didn't reach the start or end of the buffer, I'd like to
> see a simple up or down arrow.  At start or end you can display a
> horizontal bar.

Something like these (for top; flip vertically for end)?

       ##                    ########
      ####    (not top)      ########   (top; a `T' might be prettier,
     ######                  ########    but it's easier to confuse with
    ########                 #           the arrow)

[I think the current symbols are 8x8 pixels monochrome, so there's not
much room]

> I'd also be interested in vertical widgets signaling horizontal limits

Where would they go, though?

-Miles
--
o The existentialist, not having a pillow, goes everywhere with the book by
  Sullivan, _I am going to spit on your graves_.