Re: Gnu Emacs way slower than XEmacs

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Gnu Emacs way slower than XEmacs
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 22:19:03 +0900

    David> Now that I've got your attention, I should qualify that.
    David> On Windows XP using GNUs and talking to an IMAP server,
    David> it's way faster to use XEmacs than to use Gnu Emacs.

Which version of XEmacs?  Up until very recently, things could be very
slow because of a bug in our process code which caused a hang on large
network operations.  If that sounds like a possibility, I'll find the
patch.  (I think it was by Daiki Ueno, it simply set the pipe to
non-blocking.)  I don't think this code was ever part of GNU Emacs,
but there's some possibility of independent invention.  ;-)