strange NTEmacs graphic cursor behavior

From: David Abrahams
Subject: strange NTEmacs graphic cursor behavior
Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 15:00:19 -0400

I have:

(custom-set-faces
 '(table-cell-face ((t (:background "pink" :inverse-video nil))))
)

When I hold down `C-n' normally I see the cursor move each time my
keyboard repeat sends a keystroke.  When the cursor gets to a
recognized table boundary, e.g.

   M-x table-insert Ret Ret

Or if I reach a boundary starting from anywhere inside the table,
things get strange.  Instead of seeing the cursor move, the title bar
of my frame flashes approximately once per key repeat.  The cursor
just appears to sit there until my key repeats are finished.

Explanations?  I'm using a build from CVS sometime during the past
month.  Happy to provide more data; just ask.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting