Re: 4 minor suggestions for files.el

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: 4 minor suggestions for files.el
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 06:14:32 -0400

    We already have that.  vc-merge (C-x v m) can do it; just specify the
    version numbers in reverse.  E.g. typing C-x v m 1.4 RET 1.2 RET takes
    out the changes that were made from version 1.2 to 1.4.

(I didn't know about vc-merge.)

For vc-merge, since that is an explicit command to apply a patch to
the buffer, I think it would be right for the patch to be undoable.
Is it undoable now?  Could it be made so?  Would that require a change
somewhat like the one Stephan proposed?