Re: [Q] GNu Emacs/MacOS X/Font Encoding

From: Rolf Marvin Bøe Lindgren
Subject: Re: [Q] GNu Emacs/MacOS X/Font Encoding
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 18:39:56 +0200

[Andrew Choi]

| Would you please give a concrete sequence of steps to demonstrate the
| problem (what language keyboard is selected, which characters you typed,
| and so on)?

the characters I typed were æ ø å Æ Å Ø.  the output was

c with acute accent
r with hacek
l with acute accent

C with acute accent
R with hacek
L with acute accent

the internal representation is correct.  when I set the font back to
"-etl-fixed-medium-r-normal--16-160-75-75-m-160-iso8859-1" the character
were displayed as expected.  this is a character display/font issue,
then, not a keyboard input issue.

this also goes for alt characters:  I get the expected result with the
default font, or with any font when switched back to the default font.

I use a Norwegian (equivalent to Danish) keyboard.

--
Rolf Lindgren                                            http://www.roffe.com/
address@hidden