table.el extension?

From: David Abrahams
Subject: table.el extension?
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 14:09:43 -0400

Please let me know if there's a better place to post this...

I have implemented an extension to table.el which lets me use several
characters for horizontal dividers.  I needed it to edit
ReStructuredText
(http://docutils.sourceforge.net/docs/rst/quickstart.html) tables,
which divide headers from body with '=' characters.

I realize that it's probably not sufficiently general (nor
backward-compatible) to accept as-is, but it works for me and I
thought it might give someone impetus to finish the job.

Patch enclosed.

Regards,
--
Dave Abrahams