Re: loading vm reader causes fatal error

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: loading vm reader causes fatal error
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 08:04:29 -0400

It looks like the crash is caused by the change below.  I put it in
because I got the impression that the lface was never newly created
here.  It seemed to have been created earlier.

This change can certainly be taken out, but before you do that, could
you determine in what case it happens that the lface for default is
not created earlier?

***************
*** 6590,6600 ****
    /* If the `default' face is not yet known, create it.  */
    lface = lface_from_face_name (f, Qdefault, 0);
    if (NILP (lface))
!     {
!       Lisp_Object frame;
!       XSETFRAME (frame, f);
!       lface = Finternal_make_lisp_face (Qdefault, frame);
!     }

  #ifdef HAVE_WINDOW_SYSTEM
    if (FRAME_WINDOW_P (f))
--- 6594,6600 ----
    /* If the `default' face is not yet known, create it.  */
    lface = lface_from_face_name (f, Qdefault, 0);
    if (NILP (lface))
!     abort ();

  #ifdef HAVE_WINDOW_SYSTEM
    if (FRAME_WINDOW_P (f))