Re: kill-region

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: kill-region
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 08:03:27 -0400

    Might it be better for kill-region to either not set this-command to
    'kill-region if the last command was not already a kill command and
    kill-region did not make a new entry on the kill ring, or,
    alternatively, make kill-region add an empty string to the end of the
    kill ring in the described situation, to which subsequent kill
    commands could append or prepend?

I agree that we should do one or the other.  I think the former is
better, since I don't see much use in putting the empty region in the
kill ring.  As long as we can provide fairly consistent behavior
while not putting the empty region in the kill ring, let's do so.