Re: Pattern for spell-checking in po-files.

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Pattern for spell-checking in po-files.
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 18:30:22 -0400

> (defun po-ispell ()
>   (interactive)
>   (let ((buffer-read-only nil))
>     (ispell)))

I'd recommend binding inhibit-read-only instead.

> That could be a good idea, and then binding it to some key.  But that
> should be done in po-mode.el rather than ispell.el.

Doesn't it make more sense to keep this ispell support in po-mode.el ?
Perhaps ispell.el should provide something like an `ispell-function'
(an easy way for a major mode to replace the "normal" ispell by his own
variant such as the one above that temporarily makes the buffer writable) ?
This way po-mode.el could set ispell-function and all the ispell stuff
would just work.

        Stefan