Re: Major update just committed

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Major update just committed
Date: 26 May 2003 12:47:15 +0900

I now see a approx. two-column wide strip of emacs' frame not being
redraw when a emacs window is raised over a window previously obscuring
part of the emacs X window.  It only seems to happen on the _right_
side of the exposed area.

E.g., if I have this:

    +----------------------+
    |                      |
    |      Emacs           |
    |                      |
    |   +--------------+   |
    |   |              |   |
    |   |  Other X app |   |
    |   |              |   |
    +---|              |---+
        |              |
        +--------------+

and raise the Emacs frame, I'll get this:

    +----------------------+
    |                      |
    |      Emacs           |
    |                      |
    |                 XX   |
    |                 XX   |
    |                 XX   |
    |                 XX   |

Where the `XX' area is not redrawn properly (it ends up blank).

The fact that the problem area is about two columns wide make me think
that it's somehow related to the fringe calculations.

-Miles
--
Occam's razor split hairs so well, I bought the whole argument!