Re: Various simple.el patches

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Various simple.el patches
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 09:48:46 -0400

       Is there some danger to inadvertently leave locks around or similar
       stuff?  I sometimes have heard complaints like that on emacs-devel.

    I guess that must have been from doing other things.  It is hard to
    see that simple one-line command doing that.

If you kill the cvs job while it is doing a commit, it leaves the
directory locked.  Or at least, that was true in the past.
Now I think these locks get unlocked automatically after some period
of time elapses, so the problem is not really severe any more.