Re: windmove and the minibuffer

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: windmove and the minibuffer
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 17:55:27 -0500 (CDT)

I forgot the CC to emacs-devel in an earlier reply (Sorry.):

Juanma Barranquero wrote:

   I suppose the idea is deactivating scroll-bar, fringe, tool-bar and
   menu,
   right?

Yes, just to make sure they have nothing to do with the problem.

   > (coordinates-in-window-p '(0 . 0) (selected-window))
   >
   > should not return nil.  But it does, at least on GNU/Linux.  What
   > happens on MS Windows?

   (0 . 0)

That is clearly what it should return.  So the bug in
`coordinates-in-window-p' is operating system dependent and does not
occur under MS Windows.

Did you evaluate the window-at forms I mentioned in my earlier
message? (Because that would be interesting.)

Sincerely,

Luc.