Re: Idea for determining what users use

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: Idea for determining what users use
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 18:45:02 +0200

Are you saying that consciously installed sendmail and set up
its config so that it does the wrong thing ?

Just install any Linux distribution with some standard choice of
packages, it will be included.  There is not much point in wading
through tons of install menus just to remove sendmail.

The default install of sendmail should not do what you describe,
because of its obvious tendency to behave as a blackhole.

It does on all Linux and FreeBSD installations I've made.

PS: why have it installed if you don't use it and it doesn't work ?

Se above.  For example, selecting some configuration called "developer
workstation" will install it.  For Solaris it is always included.
If I would go through the trouble to not install all commands that are
not used, I would never get any installations done :-)

        Jan D.